1. To enable the touch function on the screen check the enable select control check box
2. Select the required mouse control required for your application
3. If you are not achieving satisfactory touch and drag function please go back to section 4 adjusting
the touch sensitivity function
4. Select/Move/Release/RC allows Right-Click menus to be selected by touching and holding the
screen for several seconds
For full details on the different mouse functions please go to the full user guide found in the ViP
Documentation folder on the ViP Interactive Foil Installation CD.
7. You Must Now Save the Configuration
1. Click on file
2. Click on save to save the current settings
3. For details on the other file items please refer to the full user guide
4. When the touch foil driver has been setup and there is no requirement to change it
Details on the other file menus please go to the full user guide found in the ViP Documentation
folder on the ViP Interactive Foil Installation CD.
Installation Procedure – Cling film Version
ViP Interactive foil Cling film version
The cling film is applied to the window followed by the interactive foil, which is attached to the back of
the cling film.
It can take a few days for the water used in the installation process to fully evaporate, however this
will not effect the attachment of the interactive foil. For large units (above 40”) it is advisable to have
two people available for the installation.
The electronic control board is either delivered fixed to the foil or is removable. The removable
controller comprises of an orange ribbon cable laminated to the foil, with the electronic control board
enclosed. See instructions below for installing both versions of the controller.
1. The Interactive foil must be handled carefully to avoid creasing or tearing.
2. Always lay the interactive foil on a soft scratch free surface where possible.
3. A soft lint free cloth should be used if the foil requires cleaning, clean from the centre of the foil
out to the edges of the interactive foil.
4. It can take 2-3 days for the water used in the installation process to fully evaporate. The water
will show as misty areas over the whole screen surface these will clear; the misty areas will not
affect the attachment of the interactive foil.
5. If you are applying an Holograpic projection foil Sax3d HoPs Foil or a Pronova HoloPro foil onto
the back of the touch foil then you must substitute the water for a light oil.
Cling film Installation
1. Mark on the outside window the correct position for the cling film/interactive.
2. The surface to which the cling film will be applied must be clean, dust-free and free of any oils or
grease. Dirt and other contaminants allow pockets of air that undermine the seal necessary for a
good installation. Use of a good glass cleaner is recommended prior to installation.
3. Apply a light mist of water using a water sprayer/atomiser to the area to which the cling film will
be applied will aid in positioning the cling film and in smoothing out any air bubbles that occur
4. Slowly and gently remove the cling film from the backing or liner. Take care not to stretch or
crease the cling film. Fig 1
5. Place the top edge of the cling film in position and then slowly allow the whole cling film to gently
wet onto the glass Fig 2.
6. Apply a light mist of water onto the back surface of the cling film. It may help to have a very small
amount of soap in the water to allow the squeegee to run smoothly over the cling film when you
are removing the excess water from under the film.
7. If large bubbles are trapped it may be necessary to lift the cling film off the surface and resmooth
it from that point rather than trying to force the bubble to the edge, which may stretch or
crease the cling film.
8. Squeegee the excess water out from under the cling film from the centre to the edges of the cling
film. Fig 3.
9. Slowly increase the squeegee pressure once you have removed the majority of the water from
under the cling film.
10. Remember not to let the top surface of the cling to dry as you laminate.
11. Leave the cling film to dry for about 30mins before you apply the interactive foil.
Interactive Foil Installation
The Interactive foil can be mounted in any orientation however the electronics will require secure
fixing to avoid the foil from peeling away from the cling film. The following installation instructions
assume the electronics will be mounted at the bottom edge.
1. Carefully remove the Interactive foil from the packing, keeping the packing roll if you intend to
reuse the foil at a later point.
2. Un-roll the foil and lay on a flat non abrasive surface, if cleaning is required use a damp lint free
cloth; always clean from the centre of the foil out to the edges of the interactive foil.
3. Apply a light mist of water (with a very small amount of soap) using a sprayer/atomiser to the
back of the cling film.
4. Carefully align the top edge of the interactive foil 2-3mm below the top edge of the cling film, and
then slowly allow the foil to wet on to roll cling film Fig 4/5
5. Using the squeegee work from the centre to the edges of the foil carefully smooth out any air
bubbles that occur during installation Fig 6.
6. If the foil requires re-positioning carefully lift a corner of the interactive foil then gently remove the
foil and repeat the installation process.
7. If during the installation water enters the electronics of the interactive foil please allow sufficient
time to dry before using the Interactive foil.
8. The electronics should be secured using suitable double-sided tape.
9. If applying to a piece of glass or acrylic substrate allow at least 24 hours before moving, to allow
sufficient evaporation of the remaining water to enable a good bond to the substrate.
10. When using the Removable electronics, once the touch foil lamination process has finished
and the touch foil is sufficiently dry the electronics can now be added. Please note, if the board is
attached too soon after the lamination process the extra weight of the board may cause the
touch foil to move position.
11. You must ensure the foil is unplugged from the computer before removing/disconnecting the
controller board from the orange ribbon cable
12. Carefully lift the clamping clip as shown below taking care not to over extend the clamping clip.
Fig 7 Fig 8
13. Prepare the position of the electronics in relation to lining with the position of the orange ribbon
cables. The board’s components and the gold bar of the orange ribbon cable should be facing
14. Gently insert the connectors into position. The ribbon cable must be fully inserted until no gold
bar can be seen. Once in, push the two brown bars in until it becomes locked.
Fig 10 Fig 11
15. Once connected to the foil fold the flat side of the board back up on itself towards the tail. Take
the black board cover, open the gap gently to allow smooth sliding and slide the ribbon and
board inside. Do this slowly and carefully without damaging the ribbon cable or the parts of the
electronic control board.
16. With the board and ribbon cable safely covered all electronic components will be suitably
Detachable Earth Wire
For our USB and Removable USB Controller Boards you will find attached a female bullet connector
along with a male bullet connector enclosed with delivery of your foil. This is for use with LCD
Integration and installations where grounding to nearby metalwork would be recommended.
17. Align the male and female bullet connectors
18. Firmly connect the male bullet connector with the female bullet connector (attached to the control
board) ensuring they are fully pushed together to achieve connection
19. Connect the fork end of the Earth wire to the metal Chassis of the LCD or nearby metal
framework. The whole system should be earthed t the same potential
For additional information see video of the foil
application supplied on the ViP Interactive Foil
Installation CD or visit
Disclaimer: It is the duty of the User to determine the suitability of the ViP Interactive Foil based on
the Users’ intended purpose. It is in this “Quick Start Guide and Lamination Instruction Manual” that
we only provide convenient recommendations and descriptions based on technical information and
installation statements and therefore the accuracy of this information is not warranted. The ViP
Interactive Foil is not intended to be used for medical devices. The ViP Interactive Foil is warranted
to meet its published specifications set from date of shipment and it is at Visual Planet’s discretion
whether to repair, replace or refund in the event of these specifications not being adhered to. The
specifications of the ViP Interactive Foil are subject to change without prior warning. Visual Planet
will not be responsible for any product related action resulting in loss or damages caused by misuse
or modifications and subsequent manufacturing operations carried out by anyone other than a Visual
Planet employee. This “Quick Start Guide and Lamination Instruction Manual” is subject to change
without prior warning. Visual Planet shall not in any event be liable for economic loss of profits,
indirect, special, bodily injuries or consequential damages.
Visual Planet Touch Foil Warranty Policy
Visual Planet Touch foils are warranted to be free from defects and other faults for a period of 1 year
from the date of shipment.
Visual Planet will at their discretion either repair or replace a faulty touch foil if a fault is found during
the warranty period.
Faults or damage caused by the user due to negligence, lack of training or caused maliciously in any
installation environment is specifically excluded from the warranty.
Repair charges outside warranty
1. Controller £50
2. RS232 Cable Up to 6 m £15
15 metre £25
3. Foil repair where a foil is damaged, or controller is detached due to user error
£50 for replacement controller
£50 labour charge
4. Complete Foil replacement foils outside warranty are priced at Visual Planet
published list prices operating at the time
Where a foil is returned for evaluation and repair Visual Planet will prepare a report on the faults
found with the foil and clarify if it is deemed to be reparable or not.
Any shipping charges during the warranty are the responsibility of the reseller.